Wednesday, September 25, 2019

Cake donut recipe

Cake donut recipe

Ingredients

  • 2 tablespoons unsalted butter, softened
  • 1-1/2 cups sugar

Directions

  • In a large bowl, beat butter and 1 cup sugar until crumbly, about 2 minutes. Add eggs, one at a time, beating well after each addition.
  • Combine the flour, baking powder, 1 teaspoon cinnamon, salt and nutmeg; add to butter mixture alternately with milk, beating well after each addition. Cover and refrigerate for 2 hours.
  • Turn onto a heavily floured surface; pat dough to 1/4-in. thickness. Cut with a floured 2-1/2-in. doughnut cutter. In an electric skillet or deep fryer, heat oil to 375°.
  • Fry doughnuts, a few at a time, until golden brown on both sides. Drain on paper towels.
  • Combine remaining sugar and cinnamon; roll warm doughnuts in mixture.
    Freeze option: Wrap doughnuts in foil and transfer to a resealable plastic freezer bag. May be frozen for up to 3 months. To use, remove foil. Thaw at room temperature. Warm if desired. Combine 1/2 cup sugar and 2 teaspoons cinnamon; roll warm doughnuts in mixture.
These fried up nicely. The recipe does say to use a lot of flour to keep them from being too sticky, which I did, then brushed off the excess. The texture was fine but they tasted bland. I'll keep looking for that perfect donut recipe.
I made these this afternoon. They weren't bad, but the texture was bready. Since I am allergic to nuts, the only donuts I can have are the ones I make myself. It's been over a year sin e I have had a donut so they tasted good. I added vanilla extract to the recipe.
This was the first time I attempted to make Donuts and they came out really good. Easy. The Dough was sticky after coming out of the refriegrator but i just added flour until I achived the desired consistency. My husband loved them. Kodos for me.
This was my first try at donuts, dough was very sticky even after chilling. I slowly added flour until I got the right consistancy and they came out great. I used apple pie spice in place of nutmet and that worked out well. I am going to use pumpkin pie spice next time around.We really enjoyed them, the hubby loved the donut holes so when I make these again I will make a few more of them. They freeze up great. just warm and roll in sugar mixture and they were fresh tasting.
I found them to be very tough and rather bland. I do not believe I over-mixed either. Without the cinnamon/sugar on top, they wouldn't have much flavor at all. I was hoping they would be more like cake doughnuts from a doughnut shop. These almost have a thick biscuit/bread consistency instead of a light, fluffy cake doughnut.
I have not made these doughnuts but I was reading everyone's comments. A 2-1/2 inch doughnut cutter is a round cook cutter that cuts the dough into a 2-1/2 inch round dough while cutting the cutting out at the same time. Go to a good kitchen gadget store and ask for a 2-1/2 doughnut cutter. Make sure the dough is well-floured before using the doughnut cutter. This should work even though the dough is sticky and also chililng for 2 hours prior will help tremendously.
I did not even attempt to cut this after I saw how sticky the dough was -- instead I just wet my hands a bit and rolled the dough into a tube and formed it into a doughnut shape. Much less hassle than trying to cut it! Keeping my hands moist kept the dough from sticking. My doughnuts were a little bit dry, but I am pretty positive I overcooked them. Oh, and make sure to read the recipe carefully -- I did not note the "chilling" time and had to delay making these by a day!

No comments:

Post a Comment